Papers from colleagues
Several colleagues acknowledged me in their work. Thanks for the acknowledgement! If I missed yours please let me know and I will add it.
Publications in which I am acknowledged
- Waldrop, L and M. Hann, A. Henry, A. Kim, A. Punjabi (2014). Ontogenetic changes in the olfactory antennules of the shore crab, Hemigrapsus oregonensis, maintain sniffing function during growth. (preprint). J R Soc Interface 11:20141117.
- Kim, E and M Wolf, V Ortega, S Cheng, and R Dudley (2014). Hovering performance of Anna’s hummingbirds (Calypte anna) in ground effect. J R Soc Interface 11:20140505.
- Waldrop, L and R Bantay and Q Nguyen. (in review). Scaling of olfactory antennae of the terrestrial hermit crabs Coenobita rugosus and Coenobita perlatus during ontogeny.
- Ortega, V and R Mittal and T Hedrick. 2014. Hawkmoth flight performance in tornado-like whirlwind vortices. Bioinspr Biomim 9:025003.
- Jacobs, H. O. Is swimming a limit cycle? Geometry, Mechanics, and Dynamics: The Legacy of Jerry Marsden at the Fields Institute, July 23, 2012
- Sapir, N and R Dudley. 2012. Backward flight in hummingbirds employs unique kinematic adjustments and entails low metabolic cost. J exp Biol 215,3603-3611.
- Ortega-Jimenez, V and R Dudley. 2012. Flying in the rain: hovering performance of Anna’s hummingbirds under varied precipitation. Proc R Soc B. 279:3996-4002.
- Ferrechia, C and K Moorehouse, K Jensen, and R Van Andel. 2012. Husbandry of laboratory-housed ducks. American Association for Laboratory Animal Science 63rd National Meeting.
- Ortega-Jimenez, V and R Dudley. 2011. Aerial shaking performance of wet Anna’s hummingbirds. Journal of the Royal Society Interface. 9:1093-1099.
- Dudley, R and S Yanoviak. 2011. Animal aloft: the origins of aerial behavior and flight. Integ Comp Biol 51:926-936.
- Fernandez, M and R Dudley and F Bozinovic. 2011. Comparative energetics of the Giant Hummingbird (Patagona gigas). Physiol Biochem Zool. 83:333-340.
- Dorgan, K and S Lefebvre, J Stillman and MKoehl. 2011. Energetics of burrowing by the cirratulid polychaete Cirriformia moorei. J exp Biol 214:2202-2214.
- Peterson, K and P Birkmeyer, R Dudley, and R Fearing. 2011. A wing-assisted running robot and implications for avian flight evolution. Bioinsp Biomim 6:046008.
- Camili, R and B Bingham, M Jakuba, H Sing and J Whelan. 2004. Integrating in-situ chemical sampling with AUV control systems. MTS/IEEE OCEANS 2004.
- S. R. Shaw, C. B. Abler, R. F. Lepard, D. Luo, S. B. Leeb and L. K. Norford. 1998. Instrumentation for high performance nonintrusive electrical load monitoring. Journal of Solar Energy Engineering 120:224-229.
- Jackson, D K and S Leeb, A Mitwalli, P Narvaez, D Fusco, and E Lupton. 1996. Power electronic drives for magnettical triggered phase transition gels. 27th Annual IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference.
- Resnick, M and F Martin, R Sargent, and B Silverman. 1996. Programmable Bricks: toys to think with. IBM Systems Journal 35:443.
Book chapters in which I am acknowledged
- Sargent, R and M Resnick, F Martin, and B Silverman. 1996. Building and learning with programmable bricks. In Constructionism in Practice: Designing, Thinking and Learning in a Digital World, Y Kafai ed. New York: Routledge.
Theses in which I am acknowledged
- Peterson, K. 2013. Hybrid Aerial and Terrestrial Locomotion, and Implications for Avian Flight Evolution. PhD thesis, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, UC Berkeley.
- Waldrop, L. 2012. The Fluid Dynamics of Odor Capture by Crabs. PhD thesis, Department of Integrative Biology, UC Berkeley.
- Jacobs, H O. 2012. Geometric Descriptions of Couplings in Fluids and Circuits. PhD thesis, Department of Mathematics, CalTech.
- Munk, J. 2011. The Descent of Ant. PhD thesis, Department of Integrative Biology, UC Berkeley.
- Fernandez, M J 2010. Flight Performance and Comparative Energetics of the Giant Andean Hummingbird (Patagona gigas). PhD thesis, Department of Integrative Biology, UC Berkeley.
- Watts, M N. 2006. Emulating the fast-start swimming performance of the chain pickerel (Esox niger) using a mechanical fish design. MS thesis, Department of Mechanical Engineering, MIT.
- Mitwalli, A H. 1998. Polymer Gel Actuators and Sensors. PhD thesis, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, MIT.